• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Don't understand what happened......................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This morning I came in and was getting my stuff up and running and realized, my computer rebooted itself overnight and now Photoshop won't open. I have CS6 (since 2012) and I keep getting this message. I don't do facebook or any of those other things they suggest. Everything else is working just swell, as far as I can tell, except PS. It works on 2 other computers, but I need it on this one, the most. I'm running win 7. It's working on the win 10 computers. I googled about it and none of the fixes work. Also, no one seemed to address this same kinda problem.

message.jpg
Any ideas from you computer people ??​

:thankyou: Gino

netsol

gino,
i assume you are running windows 10

at the bottom next to the start flag, type in system restore & go back to yesterday, or a couple days ago

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, I'm on win 7.

Also, won't that eliminate anything I did on this computer anywhere...... from saved files to whatever ??

netsol

now i see windows 7, same advice, but it might be easier to try going to programs & feature, choose photoshop & modify, see if there is a repair option

this would save you the need to reinstall

i would tell you to PM me, but i will be running around all day

MachServTech

Gino, long time no see ;) Possibly you have installed a trial that has superseded your old Adobe credentials. If you don't have a cloud subscription then you may have to reinstall in order to fix the issue. Take it one step at a time. Login and see (if you even have a login) to your Adobe online account and see what is unlocked for your user.
If it is on your account you may have to contact technical support to see if a permission is broken. I periodically ghost my harddrive and keep all of my work on an ssd drive backed up by a cloud drive. That way when something like this happens I nuke from orbit and reload a fresh image to the HD so that everything is back to normal and I can work. I refresh the ghost image quarterly so I capture most of my application settings.

netsol

machservtech
yes, we have a unitrends for that purpose

neither of us asked gino if he has a subscription or what version he is using.

netsol

gino, is 6 the version you are expecting (the same as the other 2 computers?

i wonder if today is the day you need to update to windows 10
some of the subscription services are rejecting windows 7 logins because they no longer make security patches, that MIGHT be the issue

E Coloney

I use Corel and Win 7. Everything works and I'm not connected to the innertubes to keep it that way until a major crash. If it works, don't let Mr Gate nor anyone else fool with it.

WildWestDesigns

Any changes in the hardware of the computer? Like a Windows activation, Adobe can be quite finicky if certain hardware has changed (which is expected over time, why they do allow for some changes, but not others). And it would show up a message like that.

System Restore (depending on if you actually have that enabled and what functionality of that you have enabled) won't delete everything, but just merely takes you back to a previously known good point. By default, it usually does a restore point when a system update was performed, but user defined restore points could also be done at any time. I wouldn't, however, do a system update unless you plan on going to Win 10 (as a Win 7 update towards the end had that forced Win 10 upgrade to it as well) on that computer and I know that when my mom went from 7 to 8.1 as an upgrade, Ps CS6 Extended took some finagling with permissions to get it back up to snuff, I can only imagine what would happen going from 7 to 10.

Given that this is CS6 and Win 7, I doubt you'll get much help specifically on these computer through the official channels, unless try to the Adobe user forum.

I would echo what E Colony has said and make sure that it isn't connected to the WAN (LAN is fine if properly done, but not WAN at all) as you are using 2 pieces of software that are no longer supported.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Gino said:
I have CS6 (since 2012) and I keep getting this message. I don't do facebook or any of those other things they suggest. Everything else is working just swell, as far as I can tell, except PS. It works on 2 other computers, but I need it on this one, the most. I'm running win 7.

So...you're running the same license of CS6 on three computers?. If so, that's very likely the problem. Creative Suite licenses (and Creative Cloud subscriptions) typically activate on a max of 2 computers. I definitely know 2 computers is the max for Creative Cloud. If you de-activate or uninstall CS6 on one of the Win 10 machines it may end up working again on the Win 7 machine.

WildWestDesigns

So...you're running the same license of CS6 on three computers?. If so, that's very likely the problem. Creative Suite licenses (and Creative Cloud subscriptions) typically activate on a max of 2 computers. I definitely know 2 computers is the max for Creative Cloud. If you de-activate or uninstall CS6 on one of the Win 10 machines it may end up working again on the Win 7 machine.

I miss that bit, yea, that is more then likely the problem. Might have been able to have done a trial on the 3rd program for 30 days, why it may have seemed to have happened all of a sudden.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, still here.

I thought you could put it on more than two, but only use one at a time..... or have it open ?? I've had it running this way since last January. This just started yesterday asking me to sign onto the cloud setup, which I don't wanna do. It's been asking me to sign onto the cloud for quite some time, but I always say no thank you. Perhaps there was something in the fine print ??

WildWestDesigns

Nope, still here.

I thought you could put it on more than two, but only use one at a time..... or have it open ?? I've had it running this way since last January. This just started yesterday asking me to sign onto the cloud setup, which I don't wanna do. It's been asking me to sign onto the cloud for quite some time, but I always say no thank you. Perhaps there was something in the fine print ??

CS5.5 was when they started having to have an account to activate, at least in my experience. I know I had to have an account with my Master Suite of CS6. I'm surprised that you have gotten around that.

Technically, it's just an account, not really the CC account if that's what you are thinking. You don't have to use any of the CC stuff (CS6 has little compared to later versions as it is with regard to CC integration). Since it isn't supported anymore, probably don't have anything now that you could download and use as it is.

You could put it on as many as you want, but only 2 could be activated at any given time, at least with doing it on the up and up. That's their way of doing a "dongle" without having the physical HASP key for customer to deal with.

gabagoo

No, I'm on win 7.

Also, won't that eliminate anything I did on this computer anywhere...... from saved files to whatever ??
I don't believe that saved files would be affected just any software loaded or upgraded from the restore point..I could be wrong

stxrmxn

We have it running on 4 PC's.
Only when one crashes or is shut down and we have to sign in again we have to deactivate it on one of the others but that stays running until illustrator crashes or is shut down then we have to deactivate one.
Infinity.
Not really a big deal.

WildWestDesigns

We have it running on 4 PC's.
Only when one crashes or is shut down and we have to sign in again we have to deactivate it on one of the others but that stays running until illustrator crashes or is shut down then we have to deactivate one.
Infinity.
Not really a big deal.

Again, it's just 2 when doing things on the up and up. I could think of a couple of other things that may work as well, but if one is doing it on the up and up, it's going to be 2 and that's it.

However, in the end, if they shut down that server, the above method wouldn't work as well, so keep that in mind (and Adobe is under no obligation now to keep that server up and running, if talking about CS6 or earlier, if CC they already mandate users being no older then x-1).

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
However, in the end, if they shut down that server, the above method wouldn't work as well, so keep that in mind (and Adobe is under no obligation now to keep that server up and running, if talking about CS6 or earlier, if CC they already mandate users being no older then x-1).

Maybe they'll end up doing like what happened to CS2 when they shut down its activation server. We still use our CS6 also, but no licencing issues of late. Only have it installed on a single machine though to use some older plugins.