• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dot alignment Mimaki JV33-160

Hi. I searched through lots of threads but couldn't seem to find the information I am looking for. I'm still fairly new on here so maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Essentially my problem is this. Most of our prints look great but when needing fine detail, particular small text, it looks like the letters (and some graphic elements) are "blurry" for lack of a better word. Almost the way you would see text in a book if you had double vision if that makes sense. Its not horrible but its noticeable. Most of what we do doesn't require fine detail but we want to correct this and make sure its not something that will get worse over time.

We replaced the print head a few months ago and have had no other real issues. (Other than printing on static cling which is probably due to a profile but thats a whole different topic). We are running a PC with Rasterlink Pro 3 v1.10. Our machine is a Mimaki JV33-160.

The reason for posting is the Grimco tech suggested doing a dot alignment. I did the printout and read the section of the manual but I do not know what values to put in for this. Is it something I just guesstimate the first try or is there some sort of chart to go by? Any suggestions?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You have several long rows of lines with a + above one half and a - above the other half. Center is zero. Use a magnifier and in each row of lines find the one that lines up the best. If it's on the plus side add the number of lines - for example if the 12th from the center is best on the + side then that rows value would be 12, if it were 9 on the - side then the value for that row would be -9.