• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double cutting

Jonsey

Hi, This is my first post so go easy on me! When i send a job with a cut path to our Summa s160 i am getting double cuts, i am using Wasatch Softrip version 6.7. Any ideas? Thanks:bushmill:(Stuck in pic of Bushmills because its only a couple of miles from us)

Malkin

I don't know much about those plotters, but you need to first figure out if the problem is the file, or a plotter issue/setting.

I would do this by creating a new file. and drawing out a simple cut shape from scratch, like a circle or box. Don't copy/paste something in.
Send this test file to cut with all the same settings as before.
If it cuts properly, then the problem was likely with your file.
If it double-cuts, then there is something up with the plotter or it's settings.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Look for a filled path sitting on top of an unfilled one or a black on a white. This sometimes happens when the Illustrator Pathfinder tool is used.

MikePro

plotter composers convert strokes to lines, even @ .00125.
i send my cut files over to composer as filled shapes only AND still double-check my paths to make sure there's no duplicates hiding underneath.

SimonJP

on mine i make sure not to put cut lines if i am only cutting it because the roland 300 sees the lines as cut lines and me adding a cut line makes it cut double...