Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double sided 14 x 12 foot banner

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 401Graphics, Aug 23, 2012.

1. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

Double sided 14 x 12 foot banner hung between two poles about 50 feet up. Obviously it has to be a mesh banner since a regular banner wouldn't last 5 minutes in the wind. But mesh banners can only be one sided. Would 2 mesh banners back to back make the banners not legible?

Is there any other alternative?

Thanks for your help!

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    They can't do a mesh banner that's two sided? The only other way you could do is is a two sided regular banner w/ wind slits and hope those didn't tear apart on you. I'm normally totally against those though. I've never once done them.

3. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
    Printing mesh double sided is not a problem. Its the show through from the other side that usually makes it impractical. Ive done a lot of double sided mesh with light solid colors on the back side but never any images. I saw a nice double sided mesh banner in Lowes the other day with very little show through but that was an inside display.

I would test a 2 piece double sided back to back backlit outdoors by the sun and make a judgement call.

4. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

I dont have mesh to test it out. I'm outsourcing the job.