• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

double sided glass door decals - 2ply or 3 ply?

Quark

Merchant Member
Printed some nice 4"x4" 2 ply double sided decals for local chamber of commerce, nothing special - 4mil white Oracal top over clear printed reverse. Customer returned the product stating they are too transparent and "worthless to them". Is this a common practice to insert a 3rd white blockout layer in the middle, or is the customer pushing it a little? Design was some blue line art logo over white background. Thanks

401Graphics

Customer should have stated that they didnt want to be able to see the image from the inside. Looks like you'll have to add another layer of white. Do a test first and see if its enough to block the image with sunlight in the other side. If that doesn't work try black instead. (clear-white-black). Make sure they are ok with a black back if you go that route.

Billct2

Since you said double sided I assume they are read from both sides, which means they should have a block out layer.