Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double sided sticker printing

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by CropMarks, Aug 29, 2012.

1. CropMarks

CropMarks Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Alright... I have a customer that wants double sided stickers that are OPAQUE. Mainly it is a company logo that is 1 solid spot color... on a round sticker. It would be applied to the inside of a building on their glass door so it can be seen from both sides.

The only machine that I can think of myself is a Gerber Edge.

Bottom layer is clear vinyl... cyan foil reverse printed for the logo.... white flood coat..... cyan foil for regular printed logo. then contour cut into a circle.

problem is... dealing with the limited amounts of foil colors that is made for the gerber edge, a cmyk mix is not going to work.... the print has to be a solid spot color with no dots.

Are there third party companies that make special pantone colors? or a totally different machine out there I could look into?

Any help or pointers will be GREAT!!!!! I super appreciate it!
    Miked.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    well, you COULD use solvent - reverse print clear, laminate it with white vinyl that has the same print non-reverse, (registration would be a pain) then cut through both...

or on the edge, depending on the color needed you could do a duotone

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Screen print them as your would if you edge printed them

4. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Stouse.....

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    We do them on our Roland. Print on clear reversed, then print white normal WITH cut marks. Apply the two together (we use a light table to register them). Put it in the plotter and cut. Pretty simple really.
    Be sure the white is white on the back, not grey....