• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double-sided tape

I'm looking for a good, strong double-sided tape to use on a back-to-back banner. It is only temporary and will be used outside. Prefer minimum 3/4" or 1" width. Will be used for other projects also. Home Depot carried a real good product sometime ago then discontinued it. Thanks.

TwoNine

I don't know what to tell you other than nothing at Home Depot or Lowe's is gonna cut it in my opinion.

Go to an online sign supply or SOMETHING. Where do you get the banner from? The transfer tape, the vinyl? Any of those places should be able to help you. It is actually called banner tape, or hem tape. It comes in the sizes you're looking for and it's made to do what you are wanting.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Banner tape would be best but if Home Depot is the back up plan - get some carpet tape from there.
Just make sure it is double sided as they sell a splicing tape that is not.
It will hold much longer than you need.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm no longer in the Huber Heights area. I have had the banners for some time. They are enamel receptive and excuse me, but I don't use vinyl, I still hand letter/paint everything. Didn't think about carpet tape. I'll check that out. Have dealt with Meyer Plastics, they are good people. Thanks again.

4R Graphics

The double sided carpet tape is some pretty strong stuff but I think it comes in 2" width's or larger.

I used it to hold down wooden blanks for my cnc router years ago 2 strips on the bottom full length on a board 18" wide by 24" long and 3/4" thick and then let the router go to town carving out 3D relief pics and v-carve lettering never had a problem.

visual800

I tell you what I have done in the past and it works. Lay them back to back and some silicone every now and then on them and let them sit overnite and yes it worked! Probably not the best thing but when you get in a pinch sometimes you get creatve