• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double strike white issue

jayhawksigns

Didn't know if anyone has some tips for double striking a multi-pass white job so that you can get a good solid color. The issue I am facing is that the pass lines are extremely noticeable. You know you can always see them on any color in the right light, but with this white ribbon the output, in my opinion, is not sellable. It almost looks like there are two lines where there is only one layer of white.

This is a white vector job, contour cut onto 3M intermediate clear vinyl. Designed in Flexi, exported and printed with SCC. "Default" setting, believe 50lpi and ellipse for the dot pattern. Did try changing the lpi to 30 and it looked the same.

Tried turning color offset off on the printer and rather then being able to see the passes overlaid you now have a faint gap between the passes, and I had just ran a linefeed recently as well.

Willing to try almost anything if some has a suggestion.

Thanks.