• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doublesided Blockout Banner Material for HP L26500

jlhmartin

We're eager to master printing doublesided banners on our L26500, but we're having a heck of a time finding a heavier, doublesided, blockout banner material that works well on our machine. We've tried a Star-Flex doublesided banner from Grimco, but it either wrinkled from too high of a heat setting (the ink adhered at least) or it came out non-wrinkly at the lower heat settings but the ink smeared off. We also tried UltraFlex Pole Banner Pro 18z but the ink was mottled and the quality was terrible. We've used the appropriate profiles recommended and we've been on the phone with the technicians but had no success!!!
I'm ready to move on and try Advantage's Opti-Solve's 18oz doublesided banner material, but wanted to see if anyone had any good recommendations for our situation before I ordered ANOTHER roll of material!
Any help is appreciated!

bigben

I use the ultraflex that you have mentioned and it worked great. No problems at all and super great print quality. I've used their profile to print it (I'm using caldera).

dypinc

Let me see if the replacement roll of UltraFlex works better... Otherwise I may be in touch Big Fish!

Same problem here with the latest UltraFlex Pole Banner Pro roll I received. There are sending a replacement roll. Hope it is like the sample they original sent me and not the junk I got the last time.

jlhmartin

Dypinc... I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. There's nothing MORE frustrating than when the vendor keeps telling me "everyone else is printing on it with no problems."
Good luck with your new roll!

CJ-NYC

Ultraflex blockout issues with latex ink.

Someone trying to sell me a HP L28500 (104" wide) demo'd it for me, tried printing on Ultraflex double-sided vinyl, and while the print was ok, there was mottling around the edge of the material. According to the guys demo-ing for me that's a result of oil residue (emulsifiers?) being released onto the material. Whatever Ultraflex is using to manufacture the material, if any is left over it results in this oily film, which is a problem for a water-based ink.

The only 102"+ vinyl banner material that HP supplies is a kind of thatched vinyl that looks horrible.

Not sure what Ultraflex could do about such a situation.

CJ-NYC

Been using a ValueVinyl product for our double sided banners off of our L25500.

No mottling on the prints? During my demo we sent two identical prints side by side, and one looked mottled, the other, not mottled. Maybe just quality issue from Ultraflex?

jayhawksigns

No, used their Rio 18oz Blockout, printed really nicely. Did 2 - 3'x15' banners and just recently some pole banners. It seems to print better on one side first, but no issues otherwise.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
ive been using Pitmann's house brand of 18oz and 15oz blackouts with decent results on our 850LX. Not a lot of mottling on it....but running in either 6 or 8 pass has done the best for us with appropriate heating. Recently ran a super long banner on it with no ill results.

dypinc

Same problem here with the latest UltraFlex Pole Banner Pro roll I received. There are sending a replacement roll. Hope it is like the sample they original sent me and not the junk I got the last time.

Same problem on the replacement roll. The stuff is junk for printing with Latex. Too bad it is not the same product as their original sample.

CJ-NYC

Same problem on the replacement roll. The stuff is junk for printing with Latex. Too bad it is not the same product as their original sample.

I'm printing light solvent onto the Ultraflex material without any issues. I think the water based latex inks don't handle the oily residue very well. Again, the demo guys claimed it was a result of the manufacturing process -- not emulsifiers as I said earlier, but 'plasticizers' was the word the tech guy used. Don't think I'll go to latex inks on that basis.