• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Download Roland Academy segments?

samgrafix

You can convert a video to MP4 or any other common file format for free at Zamzar.com. Just enter the URL and your email address. They will convert the video and email you a link for download. It works for music as well. I've been using it for a while.

Gene@mpls

Thank you- I will give that a try. Gene

OK- tried and failed. The academy files are .asp and I find:

Since ASP pages are processed on the server, website visitors do not see the actual ASP code, just the HTML generated from the scripts within the page. ASP pages typically use the ".asp" extension rather than ".html."

So the problem is not conversion- it is downloading... I think?

Last edited:

Mike F

There's a post somewhere around here by Dana Curtis I believe, where he posted all the links to the ones on Youtube. Once you find that post you can get them with Direct Youtube Downloader or with any other programs or websites, there's a ton out there. Just don't bother checking the Roland DGA Youtube page, they're all hidden and you need the actual link to them. Also, just checked, if you're comfortable digging through code you can always view source on the page of the video you want and find the youtube link through there. It'll be a youtu.be shortened URL. This is the one I pulled from the Stop Guessing, Start Knowing webinar. youtu.be/2-1yAczgKpY

Gene@mpls

Kudos to Roland

This did work and I spent almost a day reviewing the color related
webinars. I have never been able to watch one as it was broadcast-
something always interferes but they are worth watching.

I am not crazy about people being able to ask questions as the seminar is in
progress... I have the same problem going to seminars on software
programs, so much time is wasted by rookies who bring the whole
program to it's knees with their questions- so that the more complex
issues never get attended to. Better to delay questions till the end- as
many will get answered along the way anyway.

That said- there were many things to learn and I can hardly wait till
I have time this winter to try out some of the profiling points with my
trusty i1. Thank you and keep them coming. Gene