Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr Stika - Foison C34

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ianmeets, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ianmeets

ianmeets New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Hi, I have an SX-15 running with Dr Stika. Its got a problem (see my other post) so I invested in a new Foison C34.

The software recommended with it seems really poor (SignBlazer Elements) so I'd be keen to carry on using DR Stika. The problem is I can't get Dr Stika to find the C34 as the drivers are poor so it doesn't show up as a 'printer'.

Having set the C34 up on comms port 4 etc is there any way I could make it appear in my printer list?

Many thanks for your help,

Cheers Ian

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    comm port is not a printer port. IF that machine needs a printer port then you may be out of luck.

There is a way to send printer commands via a serial port but its stakes some gyrations that users most cannot do.

The problem is.. very few have experience with a stika or the other machine you have.

3. blackicefx

blackicefx Active Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I've used a Stika-15 with Dr. Stika for quite some time. I finally upgraded to a 40" VE Panter. However, I had tried to play with the Dr. Stika program on other machines. I have yet to find a successful combination. I think you may be out of luck. I'd switch to Corel with SignTools3.

Matthew
    BlackIceFX

4. ianmeets

ianmeets New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Hmm, sounds like a pain then. Thanks for your help, pitty no decent drivers came with the C34! So using this comms port theres no way I can add the cutter to my printer list correct?

Cheers Ian