• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drawing a track map for vinyl sign

PFS

Hi,

I'm kind of a newbie, and always search for answers before I post a question, but I don't really know what to search for. I'm trying to draw a race track map that will be output to vinyl and applied to several white boards. I want the borders of the track (the edges of the road) to be 1/8" lines. I have a fairly accurate drawing done in X6, but when I try to output it to GreatCut, it only wants to make one cut where my line is making a solid line instead of two parallel lines. Not sure I'm making sense. I've attached pdf of the X6 drawing that I made so you get a better idea.

Also, the accuracy of the output to GreatCut3 is not very good. I don't have a problem cutting other much more detailed files. Any suggestions on how to improve that?
Thanks!
Pete

Attachments

• Road America Track Map Full Course6.pdf
    385.1 KB · Views: 147

RG

I am FAR from being a Corel expert, but I'll put in my 2 cents. My best customer sends me all of his files as CDR files. Several times I have to "Convert Stroke to Outlines" with his files before I can change any color or cut the file with Flexi. Just a thought.

letterman7

Correct. You'll need to select only the track outline(s) and actually add an outline to it. The result will be three lines - your original track outline, and the resulting "inner and outer" outline. If you color the outline in the Corel callout, you'll be able to see what you're doing much better.

PFS

You guys are brilliant. Thank you!! And somehow, now when I send it to GreatCut, it is much more accurate. All y'all fixed both problems.

And RG, we don't generally use the "y'all" word up here, but I throw it around once in a while ever since my daughter went to Mississippi State. We have very good friends in Jackson, too. :smile:

Gene@mpls

I have spent many happy days at Road America and Elkhart Lake over the years. I rarely miss the Vintage
race weekends- and sport a 'Remember when Racing was Fun' decal on my cars with the Can-Am Challenge
Cup logo. Used to see all the top guns in the sports car world at Donnybrook Raceway. Takes me back to
my drunken youth. I guess things have not changed that much? :rock-n-roll: (can't find the 'sex' and 'drugs'
emoticons)

PFS

RA truly is a gem here in the Midwest. It's an old old race track, yet it is very modern and up to date. They spend millions on the place just about every year. If you come to the Hawk this year, stop by the ArmsUp Motorsports paddock and say hi. I run a dark blue '73 911 RSR #57. My teammates run Brabhams, Chevrons, & Lolas. It's a great time!
Pete

Gene@mpls

Nice to meet you Pete. I grew up in the CanAm and 935 era- in fact I have a 935K3 as my screensaver. I and a friend autocrossed a new '73
Corvette 454 at Donnybrook for a couple years. Not a great car but still fun, fun, fun. Gene