• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dreamscape Suede & Hp Latex 360

Spottyone

I'm having trouble printing the Dreamscape Suede on the HP Latex 360 printer.
Most of the prints are outdoor scenery shots and the issue can be seen in the blue sky part of the print but no where else.

anyone else using this combo (or any Dreamscape Finish) and if so what profile are they having success with?
p.s. The product prints superbly with Eco Sol and UV Curable inks.

Please help!
thanks.

APC

If the issue looks "milky", white spots, or patterns then its plasticizes in the vinyl - the components that make vinyl flexible - have made their way to the surface. Dreamscape suede is notorious for having this issue which, by the way, is amplified when printing with Latex. In order to determine if this problem is in fact caused by plasticizes, take a lint free rag and soak it with alcohol. Clean a large enough surface area of the material to be able to print on it. The alcohol will evaporate instantly and you can then print to see how the image looks after cleaning the vinyl. If plasticizes were causing the issue the graphic should print cleanly and trouble free.

To address this issue, Dreamscape added Suede High Performance. We have a customer who had been running several rolls a month of regular Suede and the plasticizer issue was creating a lot of waste. They switched to the High Performance version 3 months ago and haven't looked back.

By the way, the High Performance is about 15% more but due to drastic reduction of waste, cost difference was a wash.

Hope this was helpful.

Yes they have a profile you definitley need to download it and use it. Ive printed on Bling and Satara Steel several different rolls never had a problem with my 360.