• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drivers For Windows 10 For A Roland Printer

Jim Hill

I upgraded to Windows 10 home version and as usual with any New Windows product I am trying to find drivers for my printers, scanners and other devices.

Is there a Roland Versacamm driver for windows 10

Thanks Jim

VisualLetter

I had the same problem with my Roland Camm1 pro... what i did is return my new comp. with windows 10 and start using the old one with windows 7... at least I am continuing my business...
However, always looking for the solution a head...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The driver on Roland's support page for that model should work in windows 10. You might have to install it in compatibility mode but I know for sure that there isn't a specific windows 10 driver and I have multiple customers using windows 10 using the driver that is provided.

Jim Hill

Upgrading has always been a real pain in the you know what.

I only upgraded to Windows 10 because Microsoft is once again saying there will be no more security updates for windows 7

At this point I think I will also go back to Windows 7 at least there are drivers for my Versacamm printer.

Jim

timgo

Graphics Designer
Upgrading has always been a real pain in the you know what.

I only upgraded to Windows 10 because Microsoft is once again saying there will be no more security updates for windows 7

At this point I think I will also go back to Windows 7 at least there are drivers for my Versacamm printer.

Jim

After upgrading your windows, you must install the RIP/Sign software for your printer/cutter again.

Your RIP/Sign software support your PRINTER AND CUTTER in any Windows.

Cotact me for details at: timgo2010@hotmail.com

WildWestDesigns

Win 7 and Win 8.1 do not go EOL until 2020 and 2023 respectively. There should be basic updates until they go EOL.

They (MS) might be trying to push people to Win 10, but they should be providing basic updates for those OSs until that time.

Although, I real simple fix is to not have a production rig online, therefore, security updates are a non issue.

printhog

Run the compatibility wizard in win 10 with your output software and see if it will auto detect the proper setup for your devices. If not do as VanderJ said and manually set the .Exe to run in a prior version. I'm assuming your not using any 3rd party adaptors or serial USB converters to make the connection. If so, you'll need the proper driver for those and have to run the same compatibility scenario to them as well.

its only a freaking sign!

Hey Jim Hill,

You didn't indicate which VersaCamm you actually have. Most people with your question are running the SP-300v VersaCamm and wonder how to get it working on Windows 7, 8 and even 10. If this is your machine, we have you covered. Years ago, we published the guide to help with getting the SP-300v connected and printing from newer versions of Windows. You can check out the guide here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...and guides/sp300vonwindows7withversaworks.pdf

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Jim Hill

After reading the guide that Roland Support send the link for connecting to windows 7 I have a few questions.

1. Does this mean a Roland SP-300 will work with windows 7 as long as you have a recent copy of Versaworks software without needing any new drivers for the SP-300?

2. Does my SP-300 first have to be converted to an SP-300V for this to work with windows 7

I saw on the Roland site that an SP-300 cannot be converted to an SP-300V but I also saw somewhere that for $995.00 dollars that Roland can convert the SP-300 to a SP-300V

Trying to figure out what's going on get confusing sometimes. When I inquire about buying a used Roland SP-300V I now find myself asking the dealer it this printer was an SP-300 that was converted into an SP-300V and in many cases they tell me it was converted.

Jim Hill

In response to your questions above, you're right, the original SP-300 requires a special "dongle" version of VersaWorks, which was $995, it's been long discontinued and is not available for sell any longer. If you don't have that dongle version, then don't waste your time, Roland does not have a method to get it working on Windows 7, 8 or 10.

For #2, Roland does not have a "conversion" to make the SP-300 turn into a different model. The dongle version of VersaWorks does not do this. It involves changes to the printer's main board (not recommended). Doing so is an unauthorized process and completely not supported by Roland. We'll let you continue investigating that on your own.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn