• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Driveway directional sign

SignManiac

Made this for an old friend of mine who lives in CT. She shares a driveway with a neighbor and guests get confused which fork in the road to take. So I came up with this for him.

Sign is HDU and blasted with grain frame and finished in Matthews Bomber Brown. Sunburst is 23k gold. The address panels are v-carved into 3/4" PVC that has a white reflective face. Post is stained PT. Shipping it out to him today.

Attachments

• Richard Chen.jpg
    Richard Chen.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
nice. i just made one for my grandfathers driverway that splits. Not as nice as your routered' HDU, but it will stop the Pizza Guy from doing to the wrong house. lol

SignManiac

You could say that Tim. She's a supermodel at the Ford agency in New York. Met her when I lived in the Hamptons :)

Marlene

that is a ncie little sign. I am not a fan of unpainted posts but love what you did with the stripe. that simple little thing makes it look so finished

SignManiac

Thanks Marlene, I put four coat of Olympic semi transparent honey blonde stain on the post. It changed the color just enough and lets the natural grain of the wood show through. I wasn't sure at first but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

Marlene

well I love it and am thinking I will give that a try instead of always painting the posts. like stain idea too. that was hard to see in the pix. I love the details you put into your jobs:loveya:

fresh

I have a question about your materials... Why use PVC instead of HDU? I understand in this case you wanted something reflective, but I see many people doing what we call a "combo pack," of HDU & PVC.

Don't you find that PVC starts to warp faster than HDU? I see signs that are 3-4 years old made out of 3/4 or 1" PVC that are so warped, edges are turning, etc. I don't find this to be the case with HDU. Right now I've got 6 sign panels on my table being painting, and they are all Signfoam. Actually, one of them is a carved sign that we did 6 years ago, and we are repainting it to match some new signs. The panel is in as good condition today as the day we installed it. I don't think this would be the case if we used PVC.

TammieH

I agree with Marlene, the post just does not go with that type of sign...my opinion for what its worth...The sign does look very nice though!