• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

driving a Graphtec FC4100-75

brian oliver

head cheese
I have the opportunity to "inherit" a used plotter but I'm unsure what driver it takes or where to obtain one. Also, getting it talking to my computer is another unknown. Can anyone help with this or point me to a link?

Thanks.

Jackpine

Cutting software such as Signlab, Cibercut, CoCut or Flexi will have a driver for the cutter.

I have the opportunity to "inherit" a used plotter but I'm unsure what driver it takes or where to obtain one. Also, getting it talking to my computer is another unknown. Can anyone help with this or point me to a link?

Thanks.

Jackpine

You can get a full copy of Signlab with ONE only driver for $450.00 to $600.00. Check it out at H&H Sign Supply for Signlab. Nick's a merchant here. Check out CiberSupply for Cibercut or other software.... both are excellent merchants.i
Thanks, Jack.

Last edited:

round man

you shouldn't need any special software other than coreldraw or illustrator,just go to the graphtec site and download everything you need to use this plotter,...drivers, manual/user guidesm cutmaster 2 plugin for corel/illy

the link is http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/ follow the links for cutting plotters and then to the bottom for discontinued legacy plotters for the fc4100 series

TERYXKID

HELP!!!! Fc4100

I'm new to the vinyl cutting world, and would like some wisdom and help,, I've bought a used fc4100 and need to get it going, i'm trying to operate this machine with a sony vaio laptop with windows 7, I have downloaded the drivers and manual from their website and have contacted them and all I get is that this machine is no longer supported. All i'm wanting to know is what software/drivers do I need to make it run and get it going, Please help Sign 101. I've already downloaded inkscape/ I have a trial of signcut and used it to send to my cutter. it basically acted as if I was sending a document to a printer, and in my printer and devices it shows my Graphtec as a printer but shows the documents failed.... any help at all would be thankful. my email is codybanks8@hotmail.com

tony_signs

Graphtec FC4100-100

I'm new to the vinyl cutting world, and would like some wisdom and help,, I've bought a used fc4100 and need to get it going, i'm trying to operate this machine with a sony vaio laptop with windows 7, I have downloaded the drivers and manual from their website and have contacted them and all I get is that this machine is no longer supported. All i'm wanting to know is what software/drivers do I need to make it run and get it going, Please help Sign 101. I've already downloaded inkscape/ I have a trial of signcut and used it to send to my cutter. it basically acted as if I was sending a document to a printer, and in my printer and devices it shows my Graphtec as a printer but shows the documents failed.... any help at all would be thankful. my email is codybanks8@hotmail.com

I have successfully run a Graphtec FC4100-100 with Cocut software. You can get a free download from http://www.cocut.com/index.dml . It will be a fully functional 30 day trial. I recommned the professional version so you can do contour cuts. You can only load it once, so make sure not to uninstall and reload--make sure your laptop is charged or on power. It has drivers for the FC4100. Right now I am loading an Ubuntu system with Tux Plot to see if I can run the same cutter with free software. You can download the FC4100 user manual from here http://www.graphtecamerica.com/docs/SupportsDownloads-CuttingPlotter-FC4100-UsersManual.pdf

Last edited:

tony_signs

Graphtec FC4100-100

You need to configure your Graphtec at the machine and determine where it will take use settings set from the computer or settings you have configured in the cutter. Also, you might need to change your COM port to match the (usb) port you are using on the VAIO. COM1, COM2... it might take some trial and error. I am connected through an RS232 COM port. Your VAIO probably doesn't have one of those. A note on Inkscape, there is a cutting plugin called InkCut, but I haven't gotten it to work correctly. I'm not sure if you can use that Extension in Windows 7. That's why I loaded a computer with Ubuntu (Linux) OS. Good luck!

tony_signs

Cocut Pro 2011 on sale! $149

I just made this purchase and Cocut processed it. The promotional page says the sale ended at midnight December 31, 2013, but they just just processed my purchase. I get my license for the software on Monday. Here is the link if you want to give this a try. I make no guarantees. So far it looks like this is going to work out for me. I have used this software to run my Graphtec 4100-100 and it performed flawlessly and was easy to set up. I even did contour cutting. Good luck! This software has numerous drivers, to include the Graphtec 4100 series. http://www.cocutusa.com/cocut-store/specials/

TammieH

Graphtec doesn't really support the FC4100 any longer, they do have some downloads available, but nothing for current versions of Illy. We are using a 4100 as well, they still have the old plugin that only works on older versions of Illy, ver 9 I believe.

We use Omega ...ugh LOL

Leni

Graphtec 4100-75 help please!

Graphtec doesn't really support the FC4100 any longer, they do have some downloads available, but nothing for current versions of Illy. We are using a 4100 as well, they still have the old plugin that only works on older versions of Illy, ver 9 I believe.

We use Omega ...ugh LOL

I have just bought a second hand graphtec 4100-75. There are no leads with it, please can anyone advise on what leads I need. They are the pin ones. Is there an adapter available so I can connect it to a USB? Many thanks

signgirl

I've always had to use a tripplite keyspan when setting my older equipment to USB. I also had to purchase a cable from graphtec. Luckily everything runs great!