• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drone/Survey Targets

Enola

So we have a contract to produce a boat-load of Drone/Survey targets. The size is 48" x 48" and will be secured to the ground by means of regular grommets around the border using long spikes.

In addition to the hem grommets,
They would like to have one large grommet or HOLE in the center of the "target" which they can slip over a survey spike. They will periodically do additional aerial surveys (one every 4 months) and would like to replace these targets over these permanent survey pins again (they will not be leaving the banners on site between flights). They need a 1-1/8" grommet. I do have the that size, along with the die to set them.

My questions,
1)would you beef up this hole with a 3" x 3" piece of banner material under that hole?
2)Would you use adhesive to secure it, or just put the grommet through both pieces of banner material?
Perhaps it wil be fine without any "beefin-up?"

The banner is a 13oz scrim material.

Enola

This is what they look like.
Grommets are enlarged for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• Survey.PNG
    Survey.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 202

Enola

no idea's huh?

The ones that need the center grommet are only a small portion of this order. These 150 are going to one customer.
The rest are going to the distributor.

I'm going with the small square of material with the grommet thru both. No adhesive.
At the wholesale price we're giving, they can't complain.