• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Brush Font ID Mystery

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
This one is a pretty annoying font mystery. Can't seem to identify this dry brush typeface (see attached sample). MyFonts says it's Arbor Brush. The problem is there are subtle differences between that typeface and the attached sample. Plus, Arbor Brush was published in 2012. This sample comes from a banner layout file in 2009, and that "Build It Right!" thing has been used on other sign work from the client years before that. I think Arbor Brush is a knock-off of the typeface used in the attached sample.

The typeface looks like it's halfway between ITC Blaze and ITC Kick, both designed by the late Patty King. The typeface used in the attached sample doesn't show up in her portfolio. I thought for sure it was an ITC typeface, but can't find anything in their library that matches it, or Letraset for that matter.

TIA for any help.

Attachments

• Build-It-Right.png
    Build-It-Right.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 232

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Pretty strange. When I visit the MyFonts web site, referenced in the image you posted there is nothing there regarding the type sample I uploaded. There are two type families called "Montana" available at MyFonts, but they look nothing like the sample I posted earlier. The one released in 2017 is a very nice looking typeface though.

JR's

I think it's Abra brush regular, like you mentioned.
If you go to my fonts and go to the glyph palette for that letter style
it will show you all the characters there is quite a few.

Good luck, if that's not it hopefully tiki or one of the font gurus would chime in.

shoresigns

Montana might just be a previous name for Arbor Brush, prior to 2012. The Montana screenshot says it's by FontHaus, which is the same company that released Arbor Brush. They're a large font distributor that has tens of thousands of fonts, so maybe they had two fonts called Montana and they renamed one to Arbor Brush, or they just renamed it for some other reason.