• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase

equippaint

Looking for 48-54" material that we can eco-solvent print and laminate for dry erase that can be rolled up and shipped then hung on a wall for use. It will be used quite a bit so a decent laminate. Originally we were going to mount these on ACM but shipping 48" wide stuff undamaged is difficult.
Another option we considered was to print on vinyl and include a knock down poster frame to keep the material from curling on the wall.

bigben

I've used and try lot of material for dry erase. If you want a print + lam, I suggest the drytac one. If you want to print on the media and be a dry erase without lamination, go with r-tape. I print with a latex printer. I don't know how it work, but even the part with ink is dry erase.

AKwrapguy

Looking for 48-54" material that we can eco-solvent print and laminate for dry erase that can be rolled up and shipped then hung on a wall for use. It will be used quite a bit so a decent laminate. Originally we were going to mount these on ACM but shipping 48" wide stuff undamaged is difficult.
Another option we considered was to print on vinyl and include a knock down poster frame to keep the material from curling on the wall.

They make a dry erase lam. So you can print onto anything and just lam with dry-erase.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Depends on just what you're laminating with it. Rolling up the finished product can prove problematic if the print is on banner material. It most certainly begin to separate when rolled and unrolled. I speak from experience. On vinyl I can't say. Regardless, you'll be rolling up two [or more] materials that have vastly different elasticity and one material is going to be rolled tighter than the other no matter The outside is longer than the inside no matter if you roll it print in or print out. Just like what happens when you try to roll up masked media. Physics.

equippaint

Depends on just what you're laminating with it. Rolling up the finished product can prove problematic if the print is on banner material. It most certainly begin to separate when rolled and unrolled. I speak from experience. On vinyl I can't say. Regardless, you'll be rolling up two [or more] materials that have vastly different elasticity and one material is going to be rolled tighter than the other no matter The outside is longer than the inside no matter if you roll it print in or print out. Just like what happens when you try to roll up masked media. Physics.
We shipout RTA laminated vinyl without any issues. I would do the same with this but we have printed pantone charts hanging on the wall (still have backing paper on them) and theyre curled up a long the edges. I think they would need a frame or a more suitable material

bigben

Any opinions or experience with vandalguard? http://www.vandalguardusa.com/

I've used vandalguard when it came out. It's a real PITA to work with and we had multiple problem to erase ''dry erase mark'' even with acetone, alcohol, rapid remover and methyl hydrate. We had to redo several job. The drytac lam is thick work well if you use their wall material to roll and ship and it's inexpensive.

ikarasu

Are you printing on vinyl? What do you mount them to for the boards?
We print on vinyl yes - usually we use a high tac vinyl just because people tend to beat on/scrub the dry erase hard. Probably don't need to, but its just what we use.

We print on vinyl, overlam with the dry erase, then apply it to alupanel for the hospitals.

We've also applied it to aluminum, Coro... We even did some for a charity. Printed a big blank cheque, dry erased it... And every event they write on it to present to someone and get a photo op, erase and redo it the next event.

It'll pretty much go wherever vinyl can go.