• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drytac vinyl

CanuckSigns

Does anyone have any experience with drytac vinyls? I seem to always forget about them until I have a specialty application. I have a client who needs some window prints installed in January when its usually around -10 c. I called up drytac and they have a vinyl that is supposed to be able to install down to -15 c.

As I was talking to the sales rep he mentioned they have some decent day to day vinyls, I got a sample roll of their "polar premium air plus" vinyl which is a 5 year vinyl with a low tack air egress adhesive that sets up to full tack in 24 hours. and it's about $200 a roll less than what i'm currently paying for Arlon 4600LX.

Anyone have any experience?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We use Drytac Dry Erase once in a while...but not much else. Better than our standard DE lam. The Polar Premium you mentioned, Is that low temp application specific? that sounds pretty good actually....what is full tac for it?

CanuckSigns

We use Drytac Dry Erase once in a while...but not much else. Better than our standard DE lam. The Polar Premium you mentioned, Is that low temp application specific? that sounds pretty good actually....what is full tac for it?

The polar premium is not a cold weather vinyl (odd name i know)
This is the cold weather one I got ,the removable adhesive is the one rated for cold https://www.drytac.com/product/polarpremiumpolymeric/

pkeshtgani

We use Drytac for our all our vinyl (Polar Premium, Polar Air, and now Polar Air Plus) and laminations (all of the Interlam Pro). Never has any issues. The monomeric (I think its now called Polar Dynamic) I would stay away from. We stocked it for one year. but we had too many shrinking issues while printing on latex. We only stock it for that period to be competitive with others using the Spicers bsmart line. Overall I can't give you any negative feedback about them. They have great sales and support team in Canada.

CanuckSigns

We use Drytac for our all our vinyl (Polar Premium, Polar Air, and now Polar Air Plus) and laminations (all of the Interlam Pro). Never has any issues. The monomeric (I think its now called Polar Dynamic) I would stay away from. We stocked it for one year. but we had too many shrinking issues while printing on latex. We only stock it for that period to be competitive with others using the Spicers bsmart line. Overall I can't give you any negative feedback about them. They have great sales and support team in Canada.

Thanks! The polar air plus same i got looks really good! Really low tac initial adhesive, but sets up over 24 hours, I'm excited to try it out.

pkeshtgani

Thanks! The polar air plus same i got looks really good! Really low tac initial adhesive, but sets up over 24 hours, I'm excited to try it out.
Great stuff. I think polar premiums comes certified latex (if you got latex printer). Works pretty well right out of box without any issues. If you got UV printer stay away from the other laminations unless your leaving white edges. But still stay away from cheaper stuff. Not worth the headaches.