• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dumb question?

sign painter

hey every one, does any one know how to use the bergren fills and sign lay outs with sign lab 8 print cut? the insttructions tel you how to do it with version 7 any help would be great.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Not to offend those that actually have a dumb question but your posts' subject could have been a bit more descriptive than "dumb question?". Something like "How to use Bergren Fills in Signlab 8 instead of v7" If you can change it you might get more eyeballs reading your question and get an answer, IMHO.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I doubt that there is anything much different between version 7 or 8 or with Bergen fills versus any other kind of bitmap image handling. There are really only two kinds of fills ... seamless tiles and non-tiling images. What exactly is your question?

Here is a link to a demo at the Bergen website. Keep clicking the red oval button to advance through it.

sign painter

how do you use bergren fills in signlab 8

sorry for my heading in last post, i wasnt thinking about how un proffesional that tittle was. thank you fred for the insight, and references. my exact question is that when i import the fills they are very pixalated, i had flexi 8.6 pro previously and all i had to do was import, size and mask. im definetly doing something wrong just not sure what that is. i really like sign lab over flexi, even tho they both have cool tools. also the sign layouts dont work as well either, thank you in advance for the help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't use SignLab so I can't speak from direct experience but there are two things i would look closely at:

1. Are you looking at the true bitmap in SignLab or a low res presentation of it that speeds up display. Other programs use similar approaches ... SignLab may be doing this also. One way to check is to do a test print to determine if it's the graphic or SignLab's display of it.

2. I recall that either version 7 or 8 of SignLab introduced their inclusion of Gimp which is open source image editing software. I can only suggest that this could also have something to do with what you are experiencing.

Let us know when you get it figured out.

sign painter

i will soon fred, and thanks 4 the info. I also e mailed bill @ bergen designs to. i will let you all know as soon aas i figure it out.