• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumbest Question Ever..Brass Rings

OneUpTenn

Do the brass ring thingys on the dampers go bad??? get stripped??? get loose somehow???

I have having trouble with the Magenta only and (Im gonna try to explain this best I can) for some reason when I put the steel pipe on the damper, then put the Oring on then tighten the brass fitting...I can still pull the steel pipe out with no resistance. So I got smart and moved a brass fitting from the yellow to the Magenta and I can not pull it out.

This ever happened to anybody before? Is this normal? What in the heck could possible cause the brass fitting to get stripped when its hardly ever touched???

Next question....where can I buy these things? Would a hardware store sell something like this or do I need to go thru a supplier.

Thanks so much.

OneUpTenn

I have tried the same brass fitting on like 5 different dampers and it does it on all the dampers.

Oh it tightens all right. It does not keep moving.

OneUpTenn

Okay so after I switched the brass fittings I did a test print and now the yellow and the magenta are both faint. Could this brass ring be the cause of an improper seal causing both heads to not work at full capacity???