Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duranodic bronze paint for aluminum letters

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by delr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. delr

delr New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Has anyone had experience painting aluminum letters with a bronze paint? Our customer is looking for duranodic bronze on new (unfinished) aluminum letters. I am looking for a brand that is durable and won't flake off aluminum. Any suggestions? Do I need to use 2 part polyurethane or are there other options?

2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    matthews Satin Dark Bronze is beautiful stuff

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    +on mathews, if it is raw alumium prime it with the correct primer. The primer is the key to making it hold on.
    In the past I have covered the faces of metal letters with film (left the sides raw) cool look.

Better yey get new letters from gemini.....probly cost the same.... Mathews is over $100 a gal plus you will need primer....

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    +1 with prime correctly - matthews Uprime (both primer and top coat are 2-part poly's)

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    also a vote for Matthews

6. Richard G

Richard G Member

for a small job we have used Rust-Oleum with great results and longivity.