• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX-4 print head numbers question.

Jim Hill

I am installing the DX-4 print head is m SP-300V

The plastic cover that came with the print head has the following number on top of it.

72X383B
TWTWVVS
R
003..E

The head itself has the following numbers on it DSS12328

My question which set of numbers gets inputting into the head ranking in service mode?

Thanks Jim

Jim Hill

VanderJ:

Installing the head went very easy and entering the correct numbers for head number 2 was easy.
I used the Roland Manuel and followed it page by page and the only real problem was after I installed the ribbon cables onto the old head and the new head I did not realize that the top part of the ribbon cable was not pulled in all the way and the new head would not print when I did my first test print.

Could that have blown a fuse?
I also pulled ink through the New head with a syringe and did another test print after a few medium head cleanings but again it appears that it is not firing.

What do you think is the problem?
Jimn

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah it sounds like you blew the fuse. When you know that there is ink in the head and it still doesn't fire, it's almost always the fuse. You may be in luck if the machine has a newer style main board in it and has socketed fuse. That way you can just get the new fuse and pop it in. If it is an older style board you will need to have it soldered on.

Hey Jim Hill,

Vander J. is correct is suspecting the problem is related to the head fuse. We want to confirm for you that the SP-300v has head protection fuses soldered onto the main board. Just an FYI for you.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn