• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dx4 head recovery

jason91

I had a practically brand new head (black) that I dropped a tiny drop of cleaning solution (with the machine even unplugged) on the tiny board of it and now it wont fire at all...I know that its in the head because I checked all the fuses and transistors and they are all ok... I also moved swapped the head (black and l magenta) location and now the black prints but the l magenta doesn't. So I know that's its localized in the head... Question is ...Is it possible to change out that tiny board on the actual printhead...Ive got several old ones laying around that the head is clogged on, but they will still fire...Its def. an electrical issue....Or can both of those 2 tiny fuses on the head be changed out? I appreciate any advice

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can't swap the boards but you can try and repair the components. The board itself is connected to the nozzle firing mechanisms so you would have to be able to reconnect all 360 tiny little connections which just isn't possible by hand. The only thing you can do is repair any blown components on the board but none of them are labeled so it will be difficult to figure out but may be possible.