• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX5 print head leak on side of face plate

benski

this is the second time my dx5 head stopped working, slowly losing all nozzles with every clean. Upon removal of head noticed ink/air is leaking from the side of the shiny face plate. The plate that has the 360 nozzle holes. Ink is seeping from the edge of that plate. Not sure how the face plate is attached but is this just normal wear and tear that happens?
Sometimes I soak the tip of the head in a acetone/butyl cellosolve solution mixed 1:6 roughly. Is this solution causing the face plate to come separated? Thanks!

Attachments

• dx5.jpg
    dx5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 566

7_nebo_7

How old yours print head? I have seen many heads exactly with your symptoms for a last couple of years. For some reason DX5 print heads become less reliable. I do remember on some Mutoh, Mimaki with DX5 it runs fine for 4-5 years without issue. For a last couple of years lucky if head has1-1.5 years lifetime. Not sure why it happens just my observation from past two years.

benski

How old yours print head? I have seen many heads exactly with your symptoms for a last couple of years. For some reason DX5 print heads become less reliable. I do remember on some Mutoh, Mimaki with DX5 it runs fine for 4-5 years without issue. For a last couple of years lucky if head has1-1.5 years lifetime. Not sure why it happens just my observation from past two years.
Both heads maybe 2 years old. Last week my nozzle check was 100%, now the head is going in the garbage. It is too bad I cannot get more out of these dx5 heads. My printers definitely don't run everyday. Thanks for feedback!