• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx7 printhead clogged

Dajackal

Hi everyone, it's been awhile, i just bought a DX7 printhead for my sinocolor printer, the thing was working fine for like two day till I noticed the a malfunction in one of the color production (black) I've tried using syringe to clear it, only for the Yellow to stop producing... I don't know what else to do, that stuff is too expensive and I don't have the money for a new one. Any idea is welcome.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Check the capping station. If it doesn't seal then the print head can dry out and clog. Also your dampers can get clogged and starve the print head/s leading to dropped nozzles. Rule of thumb in my book is if you lose more ink channels when running a cleaning, chances are it is a damper.

Dajackal

Check the capping station. If it doesn't seal then the print head can dry out and clog. Also your dampers can get clogged and starve the print head/s leading to dropped nozzles. Rule of thumb in my book is if you lose more ink channels when running a cleaning, chances are it is a damper.
Thanks alot, I've tried replacing the dampers, there's improvements in nozzle output, thanks again. Just hope it gets better form here.

Dajackal

Is there any possibility bad ink could be cause?