• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dye Sub on 1/4" PVC sheet

SignShopDave

Is it possible to Dye Sub with a transfer on 1/4" PVC sheet. I will be cutting these and using them indoors for signs. looking for a matte finish.

iprint

No, you cannot dye sub on PVC. Any reason that it must be dye sub? FRP is the only thing that comes to mind that would be similar to PVC that you could dye sub to, but it would have to be Unisub FRP as it is coated to accept dye sub.

SignShopDave

that FRP may work. I will try to find it in 1/4" the .090 may be to thin. I was given a sign and would like to make a few designs of my own out of the same material and had hoped my dye sub printer would work for it. The sign is a prop that people hold while getting their picture taken. the matte white substrate and matte print does not reflect the flash and it works good.