• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dye Sublimating Polyurethane Foam

MichaelC

Hey everyone,

We are trying to find out how to dye sub to 1" polyurethane foam coated with a painted faux-concrete finish without making the heat or pressure destroy the material but, making sure the aqueous ink sublimates at a high enough temperature. We are using a Mimaki JV-150 to print the transfer and a geoknight maxipress to sublimate.

Thanks

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, just curious but have you seen this done somewhere else? I've never had any luck with this due to the temp. You can sublimate down to about 350F maybe even lower but you might just need a foam base that'll take a higher temp or else maybe you can flatbed UV this?

roxxan

Dye Sublimating Polyurethane Foam (DSPF) is the highest quality foam the laminated product is lightweight, rigid, and has a very smooth, water-free surface. It is more durable than normal PU foam and will not absorb water. The open-celled top layer is resistant to scuffing and abrasion, and the closed-cell bottom provides unique cleanliness and sanitation. DSPF has the highest moisture vapor transmission of any foam on the market, and the DSPF used is impregnated with a hydrophobic coating that prevents UV rays from degrading the foam.