• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074Err CR2 Current

Toddster

Toddster
So I have read through some similar threads containing this particular error and it turns out, my traction strip is perfect. This error seems to come up every time I try printing on reflective. Never while printing on banners or control tac vinyls... But every time on reflective!!
Just curious if any one out there knows of a special setting that I can disengage to stop the sensor on the bottom of the carriage unit from trippin on the reflective .......?
thanks in advance for any help........:banghead:
Mutoh VJ 1614 64"

Toddster

Toddster
Hello out there Mutoh users.......
I really do need some help trying to print on Reflective......
Any advice would be nice!
Thanks in advance......:bushmill:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've only seen this message when I have a dirty encoder (t-fence) or sensor.
Goes away when I remove the ink overspray from both.
Odd that it only shows up for you on reflective.
Once it happens you can reboot the printer and print other media without the error?
Does it happen right away or after a few feet of printing?
What size of reflective are your running? 24"?
You would think that it would show up as a pf feed error if the material was pulling to hard off the roll, but if you print banners without error that wouldn't make sense.
Are you running your printer closed up with all the covers in place? With it open some stray light might be bouncing off the reflective up into into the sensor causing it to loose the head position and error out (not likely to be the cause).
Try printing the reflective with the lights off......

wayne k

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So am I understanding correctly that the sensor on the carriage is hitting the reflective while it prints?