• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E085 err head heat

gregwallace

I googled it out of interest. It could be the head cables or the one of the boards. I believe I read that in one case it was the cr board. Check the f2 fuse as well. Was this an issue prior to changing the head. I run a vutek and have a "hot head" (shorted heater circuit). If I were to replace that head without fixing the board it would fry the heater on the new head. So you might not want to replace the head now that I think about it. I would assume its a board related issue though.

Valentino

I had this problem when I had to do some head maintenance. You may have crossed the head cables when you installed the print head.

When I got this error, I switched the head cables...which caused my f2 fuze to blow and display this error. I switched the cables back and then I got a different error which was essentially telling me that the f2 fuze had blown. Having an older VJ 1204 with the soldier f2 fuse, I had to have a PCB Board technician remove and install a new f2 fuse I got from Mutoh direct.

Dicky

I have a Mutoh 626 UV and it is always displaying ERROR EO85 which seems to point to the head getting hot somehow.

Any hints what to do, If I call dealers they will always want to replace the head (Big$$) but loathed to do that as it prints BEAUTIFULLY!

Has anybody else had this problem??......I leave to cool down then start again. If its only a few small prints it gets through it.

Only when I have a large amount of repetitious work does it overheat.

Anything I can do???

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Head heat errors on Mutohs mean the circuit is shorting out. Check your head cables for damage or ink splatter and replace as necessary. At the end of the day, if it's not the cables, it's a dying head or a damaged main board.