• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco Sol Max Black Ink Scratching

shoxite

Hello guys,

I have a project that I am doing on Phototex and it is printed only in black. It's basically a kids car road, and kids can use cars on it and this would be used on tables. I printed a sample for the customer and let this thing dry for over a week. When the customer received it, she said that there are scratches all over the roads after only 20 minutes of play. I am using Eco Sol Max inks and realized this with other materials that the ink (black mostly) scratches off easily, even after leaving it a week to cure.

Roland recommended to upgrade the firmware and upgrade to Eco Sol Max 2 as it's more scratch resistant. Any thoughts? Would love some advice.

Thanks guys,
Eddie

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would try printing with a different machine/ink if your prints are scratching. You could try a very light spray coat of liquid laminate since this is phototex.

Eco solvent will not resist more no matter what you do. Polyester needs sublimation ink to be permanent. Sublimation changes the color of the fabric itself just like if it was waved with colored thread. (you should probably outsource this one)

flyplainsdrifta

+1for an overlaminate or vinyl or outsource. you're gonna have a hard time with sustained abuse on phototex. highly suggest using a floor overlam, i actually did this on a table for a buddy with the floor laminate and it took abuse of 3 kids over 2 years. pretty solid.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hello guys,

I have a project that I am doing on Phototex and it is printed only in black. It's basically a kids car road, and kids can use cars on it and this would be used on tables. I printed a sample for the customer and let this thing dry for over a week. When the customer received it, she said that there are scratches all over the roads after only 20 minutes of play. I am using Eco Sol Max inks and realized this with other materials that the ink (black mostly) scratches off easily, even after leaving it a week to cure.

Roland recommended to upgrade the firmware and upgrade to Eco Sol Max 2 as it's more scratch resistant. Any thoughts? Would love some advice.

Thanks guys,
Eddie

We have customers who had same problem. So we advised to change from Eco Solvent to Mild solvent ink. We have Jetbest compatible ink for Mimaki SS21, which both printers share the same Epson printhead technology. With SS21 mild solvent in Roland printer, print will be much more scratch resistance. No flush, just three strong cleans and you are good to test / go.

More information 949 209 7306 or sales@premiercolour.com

Francis

AKwrapguy

Hello guys,

Thanks guys,
Eddie

Doers it have to be onto Phototex? Also if you know someone with a latex that has gen 3 inks they are scratch resistance.

mleg1972

We have customers who had same problem. So we advised to change from Eco Solvent to Mild solvent ink. We have Jetbest compatible ink for Mimaki SS21, which both printers share the same Epson printhead technology. With SS21 mild solvent in Roland printer, print will be much more scratch resistance. No flush, just three strong cleans and you are good to test / go.

More information 949 209 7306 or sales@premiercolour.com

Francis
Greetings Francis, it's Melvin. I'll be calling you soon about the flourescent dye sub inks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk