• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco sol printing - dark prints/changing colours

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

We have a jv33 and have run into something we never have before.

We printed a large wall print , split into 6 panels. We ran the rip and printed all six one after the other.. When we rolled it out 5 of the prints are perfect, 1 of the 6 is really dark/colour is off. The one which is wrong was first.

We re ripped and printed with the same result and have played around with the file settings.

What is happening is the yellow are very dark like mustard, when should be bright like a sunset. The black text is perfect and the browns are a bit off/dark also.

I presume this would be icc but what’s thrown me is all size files are saved on the same file, same settings and at the same time.

Any ideas???

Attachments

• 337F2DF8-FBA6-4AEA-816C-D8B4EFB96B73.png
    337F2DF8-FBA6-4AEA-816C-D8B4EFB96B73.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 280
That's really odd... and I have no idea why this happens. In the "color adjust" panel you can set -20% or -25% on magenta (middle) to correct the error, but I'd rather try to find the source of the problem in the first place. Did you made the sectioning in rasterlink or photoshop/illustrator?

The colors are affected only by the magenta.

Attachments

• mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 251

Andrew Signs

Thanks ewded.

I’ll give It a go tomorrow. Just so I can get my head around this what your saying is that the darker print on the left has 20% more magenta than the right one?

The file was created in photoshop by our client. We placed it in illustrator and created the 6 prints. We do this for this specific client 5-10 times a week without a problem.

Really appreciate the help.

Yep, the left one uses 20% more magenta, so you need to set -20% in the color adjust panel to compensate it. But yet again, I'd redo the slicing/saving/ripping from the beginning.

Good luck.

Andrew Signs

Sorry one last question.

Can I ask what software you used in the picture you attached which allows you to scale the colour to test and match the other print?

AKwrapguy

Hi All,

We have a jv33 and have run into something we never have before.

We printed a large wall print , split into 6 panels. We ran the rip and printed all six one after the other.. When we rolled it out 5 of the prints are perfect, 1 of the 6 is really dark/colour is off. The one which is wrong was first.

We re ripped and printed with the same result and have played around with the file settings.

What is happening is the yellow are very dark like mustard, when should be bright like a sunset. The black text is perfect and the browns are a bit off/dark also.

I presume this would be icc but what’s thrown me is all size files are saved on the same file, same settings and at the same time.

Any ideas???

This might not be a rip issue. Since it's already printed it might be a printer issue. Could your magenta head be clogged? Have you done a test print to make sure everything is firing correctly?

Just curious, why would you go from Photoshop and bring it into Illustrator to print?

Andrew Signs

This might not be a rip issue. Since it's already printed it might be a printer issue. Could your magenta head be clogged? Have you done a test print to make sure everything is firing correctly?

Just curious, why would you go from Photoshop and bring it into Illustrator to print?

Yes nozzles etc are all good. This machine following this issue printed 12 hours yesterday perfectly file.

We use illustrator 90% of the time. Not sure why just what the designer does??? When this client supplied files they create in photoshop. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Update: so I took the advice about reduced the magenta 25% and was close but not right. Reduced 25% cyan and printed perfect.

All very weird but got there in the end. What still baffles me is that the same file split into 6 prints, 5 print correct one doesn’t...

player

Are you saving them as PDF? Sometimes PDF will cause colour issues.

Bring the files back into PS and use the colour measuring tools to see if the files are the issue.

Tizz

When you placed the ps files in Illustrator were they all saved as cmyk? If one happened to be saved as an rbg you may get such results.