• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge 2 "shocks"

Marlene

I remember way way back someone posted that you can get the little shocks that hold the Edge 2 hood up from a car supply store, is that true? is so, has anyone bought them and what do you ask for? also changing them out myself, how hard is it? I did call my supplier for Gerber shocks and they are $193 for a set of two which seems kind high or that might be a good price, I have no idea

Drip Dry

I don't want to throw a wet blanket over it but...
Before I was in the sign biz full time, I spent over 20 years servicing electro-mechanical equipment like gerber
I thought it would be a snap. After screwing around with it for 2 days, I gave up and bought the shocks from Gerber.
They went in without a problem.
I think the problem was that the Gerber shocks had a tie wrap around them, compressing them to the exact length to fit onto the posts. Without tie wraps, you have to compress them by hand, and I was afraid to break one of the posts off.

I was told by Gerber , they have someone compress them with a vice type machine and then put the wrap on it.

If you do it, it has to be exact.
Gerber is always overpriced, but I think it would be money well spent