• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge capping for shaped sign

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
i need to cap some bottle shaped omega sign board (1/4 inch) but the standard ridged stuff wont work. (heat didn't work) thought about auto door gasket or edge guard but its $$$ for the right stuff also thought about some vacuum hose slit( tried a sample and it did work, slit with coro knife ) anyone have any other ideas , and yes i googled it and most are metal reinforced (granger) . or i have to buy 500 ft. going to try an auto body shop today ,auto parts stores had crap but did give me samples of vac hose to try for free .need something form fitting .
(customer supplied pre cut omega board - they should have got solid core but didn't ) trying to help out a good customer who thought he was getting a good deal on blanks to bad they're honeycomb metal faced
even though he supplied the blanks i'll make $$ and return business
thanks ,

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Vinyl carefully wrapped around to both sides. Won't last very long, but it will look nice for a while.

Andy D

The only thing I have seen is where they use specially made snips and cut triangle shapes into
the edging's sides to bend it. Sometimes they add a border that matches the edging so that it isn't as noticeable.

upload_2019-11-26_8-18-45.png

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
The only thing I have seen is where they use specially made snips and cut triangle shapes into
the edging's sides to bend it. Sometimes they add a border that matches the edging so that it isn't as noticeable.

View attachment 144170
I tried that but still have to fill in notched noticeable spots with vinyl . I have the notcher tool so that helps . May just do notched edging like you showed and back with vinyl where needed

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I’m going to try my heat gun with plastic welder attachment , mostly just need to seal the honeycomb from filling with water and freezing ..... may just calk the edge flush ?

MikePro

does it have to be edge cap? what about edge band? even make your own, its just PVC strip and adhesive.

Ada

Maybe Jewelite? Trim for channel letters. I don't know what that brand is called now. I still call it Jewelite.

JamesLam

Anyone in the Toronto, ON or Buffalo, NY area have any 1/4" black they want to get rid of? I need about 30 eight foot pieces.