• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX - Loss of Connection Error

idsignsil

So last Friday (the 6th) everything was working just fine. Came in yesterday and one of the jobs required the Edge FX, no problem. Set it all up and hit go, nothing happens. After a few minutes GQ Manager gives me a message

"Possible Loss of Connection, Attempt to Reconnect"

so I hit Yes. Then I get another message

"An Established Connection Was Aborted by the Software in Your Host Machine. (10053) File gq_e3sock.ccp Line 299"

So I Google this message and it is all about email errors and POP3 accounts, which is all above my head, and does not make any sense. Anyway, I shut down my email and try again only to get the same results. I shut down the machine and my computer and restart, same outcome. Finally I decide to unplug the incoming internet and give it a try, and it works just fine.

Come in today after shutting everything down for the night and still have the same problem if the internet is plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

I have the internet coming from the Comcast modem, to a router at my desk, that then sends the internet to my computer. I have the Edge FX and the Roland XC-540 networked through the router. XC-540 works just fine. Only way I can get the Edge FX to work is by unplugging the incoming internet. I have AVG Internet Security Business Edition and it has caught nothing and says everything is fine. Any Ideas . . . . I am out :frustrated:

Tony Teveris

The subnet mask should be the same as your PC. So, from the DOS prompt (yes this is the fastest way I know how to get this) execute ipconfig and you will get a list of info, in that list is the PC's subnet mask, write it down and set the FX subnet mask to the same numbers, restart the FX. Thats about as much as I can help on this. So if others do not chime in you may have to call TechSupport.

idsignsil

I checked the subnet mask and the ip address and they are both correct in the Edge FX. Guess it is time to call tech support.

signage

Yesterday was a day for the DNS changer to start effecting computers, you may want to make sure you do not have this!

Last edited:

idsignsil

I did the DNS Changer check and it said I was ok. When I get some time I am going to have to call tech support. Right now I just unplug from the internet when I need to run the FX.