• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge not detected issue on HP latex 360

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

We had some downtime last week so I did some routine maintenance on our HP 360. I cleaned the encoder strip, and the line sensor by the underside of the printheads, but now whenever I load a roll of whatever media it cannot read the width and I have to enter it manually. Has anyone has this happen to them? Something I did or something I can do to fix this?

Steve

Here is a pic of the message I get.

Attachments

• 20180629_140141.jpg
    20180629_140141.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 438
  • 20180629_140141.jpg
    20180629_140141.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 287

bannertime

Not trying to say it was your fault, but what was your process for cleaning? Could you have smudged something over the sensor?

Lea Marc

I used isopropyl alcohol as recommended and have tried once more just in case it made a difference but no luck.

papabud

Lone Wolf
did you pull the maintenance station out to clean the sensor. there is a Philips head screw on top holding the sensor in place. you can pull it and see if something is stuck to the bottom. could you of bumped the connection to the sensor?

Lea Marc

did you pull the maintenance station out to clean the sensor. there is a Philips head screw on top holding the sensor in place. you can pull it and see if something is stuck to the bottom. could you of bumped the connection to the sensor?
I did have to pull out the maintenance station, will check on the screw.