• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge not responding to print command

icebiscuit

OK, Got the shop setup and cutters working fine but, when I send a file through Omega (2.1) get no printer response, Tried deleting and reinstalling printer, restarting both software and windows after changes--NADA. When printer is turned on it initializes fine and shows offline, change it to online before sending file--zilcho???

Fred anybody got any Ideas what I am doing wrong???

Running same computer as previous owner with the exception I did the updates for Windows XP Home 2002 SP3.

Help!?!

Ice

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Only thing I can think of is to check the queue to insure there isn't a job or two blocking it up. If it's clear, check to see what happens in the queue when you send a job to the Edge.

Browner

How is the edge connected to the computer? Are you using the same cables as the previous owner? And I don't just mean the same type of cables.

When you go to GQMgr and right click on the printer and click on properties, then click on info - does the window pop-up say that it's online when it's online? and offline when it's offline?

icebiscuit

Chris,

Using exact cable as previous owner, in the properties it states active in status, Selecting info states cannot open printer.

Ice

Browner

If you're using a USB cable, make sure that the USB information (in that same EDGE properties Window) is set correctly. If you hit the "list" button, you can see which cables are connected to your computer, and from there it's pretty simple to figure out the correct VID and PID for the cable running to the Edge.

icebiscuit

Parallel cable. I am green on where some of this info is "rainbow sentinel settings" found the Sentinel Rainbow in the GSP software not sure wher to go from there.?

Ice

icebiscuit

Messed with cable connection on printer and messed around and restarted Omega, tried again and didn't work still. Was looking around in some other GSP drop down windows and while doing that got a message in Manager (forgot what it was) then took printer and rebooted power selected online and boom it is working...Sounds weird.

Ice