• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge printing "Dirty"

stoliker

I am trying to print a job labels on oracle 651 on my Edge 2 and the prints are less then usable. The text is small ( the circles are .75") but I dont think too small. Can anyone give me an idea what I need to change to get this cleaned up? I have cleaned the head, the vinyl and tried a new foil. I have also tried with normal and hot heat. Nothing has worked yet... Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• lables.png
    lables.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 249

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What Billct2 said. Oracal 651 has given me varied results so it depends on what foil and what color vinyl you use. Changing the heat has never worked for me.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
where is that setting at? I am running omega 5.0
It's not a setting. It's one of three ways to enter text in Omega. To bring up the Small Text Entry Tool, type Shift S. It uses the fonts that are installed in Windows rather than the Gerber fonts.

Your choice of vinyl and foil are much more likely to be the cause of your problem, but there is a slight improvement in print quality using the Small Text feature.

Russell J. Bean

I've had this problem several times using Oracal/Orafol 651. The problem I noticed is my default setting on Omega was set as (Scotchcal 220) I switched the setting to Gerber Quantom 2000 which has a longer print process, that also printed better quality. However I tend to lean more on the Gerber Vinyl for printing. Oracal has many spots like hairline pin needles. Which anything Printed it wont show up as clear as it would using quantom. Also you can always put a primer for the circles instead of straight printing Cobalt or whichever color you are using.