• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EDGE receptive double gold (brushed)

deanb444

I have been told that the brushed gold that used to be deluxe gold is discontinued. This is the only brushed gold material that I can print on with my EDGE 2 machine. Every other gold prints splotchy & sometimes doesn't print at all. Please advise of an alternative material. I need it to be 15" with perf tractor holes, double sided gold (not silver on one side) and EDGE transfer receptive. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

:notworthy:I bow to anyone who can find a replacement material.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have been told that the brushed gold that used to be deluxe gold is discontinued. This is the only brushed gold material that I can print on with my EDGE 2 machine. Every other gold prints splotchy & sometimes doesn't print at all. Please advise of an alternative material. I need it to be 15" with perf tractor holes, double sided gold (not silver on one side) and EDGE transfer receptive. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

:notworthy:I bow to anyone who can find a replacement material.

As far as I know the discontinued 3m Deluxe Gold (and silver) were only available in a shiny, mirror finish. When I needed the silver, Advantage Sign Supply recommended the VinylEFX line. The silver worked just fine with my Edge using the Deluxe Silver settings. Here are links to the shiny and brushed gold version.

VinylEFX Smooth Gold 15" x 10 Yards

VinylEFX Brushed Gold 15" x 10 Yards

VinylEFX Smooth Gold 15" x 50 Yards

VinylEFX Brushed Gold 15" x 50 Yards

I cannot speak to whether this film is gold on both sides. Check with the distributor.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Out of all of the gold materials we have here; all of the backs are silver & we have over 50 different flavors.... Can I ask what you're installing this on that it has to have a gold back?

Jillbeans

What about SignGold thermal ready?
(I don't print but I know they used to make this for the Edge)
It's punched, 15", gold on the back.
It's expensive.
Love....Jill

jfiscus

Rap Master
After looking through my books it appears that the following "gold" materials have clear adhesive, but none of them are brushed gold:
Oracal series 951 metallic & series 383
3M180c-241
FDC2100 Series
Avery 900 series
Avery100 Double Gold

Is it possible that there is a "brushed gold" foil available for the Edge that you could print on clear?

deanb444

Great answers, I'll try them all. My other option is
Edge clear laminated to gold stock.
I appreciate all the responses. This seems to
be an issue no one is profiting from. Is Edge technology
outdated? It's the best way to print chemical resistant vinyl print.

deanb444

-Out of all of the gold materials we have here; all of the backs are silver & we have over 50 different flavors.... Can I ask what you're installing this on that it has to have a gold back?

Mostly we don't need double gold but that's the
Only kind I have that is edge recep. We use it for
Labels and real estate signs.
Thanks for the response jfiscus

jfiscus

Rap Master
-Out of all of the gold materials we have here; all of the backs are silver & we have over 50 different flavors.... Can I ask what you're installing this on that it has to have a gold back?

Mostly we don't need double gold but that's the
Only kind I have that is edge recep. We use it for
Labels and real estate signs.
Thanks for the response jfiscus

For brushed gold the VinylEFX product line (mentioned above) works great in my EdgeFX.

I'm not sure who your regular supplier is, but Advantage Sign Supply in Indianapolis seems to know their stuff about what materials work for the Edge or not if I have to order something I haven't ran before.