• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

edge tape

WOODBS

how many of you use the lam tape to seal edges? i have been using it for perf after trimming 1/4" back from edge , underneath the body at cutline, or any trouble areas.

stickasteve

I'm using liquid sealer. It's messy at first but as you get the hang of it it gets easier to use. I find it to be faster than using lam.

SSG_SIGNS

I use laminate seal around the doors, hoods and places like that, I use the liquid seal where there is a lot of road or wind abuse, wheel wells & under carraige

k6media

we use edge sealer on all windows as well as at the bottom of the vehicle around bumpers etc..

strip sealer that is.. optically clear laminate strips..

ProWraps

we use lam tape here if we need it (aka, old car that has grime under the body that just will not come off). be careful using the 3M edge sealer. it says right on the can "DO NOT USE ON PAINT". and i think the reason is, that stuff seriously hardens into something that cant be removed.

if the vehicles are cleaned correctly, neither should be necessary but provide "insurance".

JoshLoring

I back ProWraps statement. Read the can..

I use edge sealer on glass only. I have cut lam strips before and they seem to work well.