• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI H1625 LED belt

DCentioli

Does anyone have any guides or advice on how to clean off and possibly replace the media belt on a H1625 LED Printer? None of the guides provided by EFI have any information about it. we have a lot of ink build up and we are looking for the safest solution to avoid doing any damage to the printer.

GreyBeard

Does anyone have any guides or advice on how to clean off and possibly replace the media belt on a H1625 LED Printer? None of the guides provided by EFI have any information about it. we have a lot of ink build up and we are looking for the safest solution to avoid doing any damage to the printer.
There is a latex paint remover that does the trick. Spray it on, let it sit, and scrub with a plastic bristled brush. When I am at work tomorrow, I will reply again with the product info. You can get it at home despot. It was recommended by a tech from EFI.

DCentioli

There is a latex paint remover that does the trick. Spray it on, let it sit, and scrub with a plastic bristled brush. When I am at work tomorrow, I will reply again with the product info. You can get it at home despot. It was recommended by a tech from EFI.
Thank you. That would be very helpful.

JPR-5690

I actually have the same problem and Ive tried using a scraper and a brush to scrub off the belt with alcohol but it gets really messy - how do you keep the loosened ink "chips" from staying clogged in the belt?

GreyBeard

I posted my reply last week, but it hasn't shown up. Let's try again. The spray is Motsenbockers Lift Off. Instant Latex Based Paint Remover. I get it at the blue big box store. I spray it on, let sit for a few minutes, and scrub with a nylon/plastic bristled brush. Use your shop vac to suck up the particles. A plastic razor blade may also be helpful.