• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Election Day (in the USA) Please vote!

Malkin

Our shop happens to be just down the road from our state capitol building....

Please exercise your right to vote!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121106_095829.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121106_095829.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 55

Pat Whatley

Took my kids voting with me this morning. I was shocked at the number of parents who had done the same thing. I think half of my kids preschool class was there.

Joe Diaz

No kids at the polling place I voted at this morning. A bunch of really old people though. I was trying to be nice and courteous by letting a few in front of me because you know they are old, and that's what you should do.... But that probably wasn't the best idea since they needed the instructions read off to them at least 5 different times. Not to sound mean but it was like watching a baby be spoon fed. I swear, I think one of them fell asleep at their polling station. So I guess you could say I had a bit of a wait, but since our town's population is only 12,000 it wasn't that long of a wait.

Dennis422

No time for lines and waiting :) Send in the ballot last week.

But, YES , if you did not do as I did, go out and VOTE!!!

TheSnowman

All I can think of is this movie...we had a guy locally named Donnely running too, so it was even better.
attachment.php

Attachments

• vote.jpg
    vote.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 54

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Was number 243 at 8:15 this morning. Most people I've ever seen at this place in my 30 years of going there..... and so early on. I too, saw people with their babies and little children in line and going in and out.

My wife went in about 25 minutes later and she was number 480-something. In our little community, it doubled in 1/2 an hour. She said the place had lines all over, up and down the stairs and the parking lot was full.

Something I noticed..... I didn't see anyone standing around handing crap out to the voters like little rulers, pencils and other stuff you have to throw away when you get inside. Then again, like Chicago.... maybe it was too cold for them this time.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just exercised my right to vote. Walked right in with no waiting. The guy at the door told me that there was a 1.5 hour wait first thing this morning. After feeding my ballot into the machine, the clerk promised me that things would get much better now. :rolleyes:

showcase 66

Just voted too. Same here no waiting. My place to vote is 2 blocks away. Went in voted then left.

Cherry on top of the cake. Going to Circle K to get a fountain drink. Walk up to the counter and am told since I am wearing my "I voted" sticker my drink was free.

Malkin

My voting place is actually next door to where I live and it's a small town. Should take all of about 5 minutes.

sar bossier

Like some (above) small town - polls opened at 7AM - hubby and I voted on the way to work - no lines, # 10 & 11, respectively ...

SD&F

I went early this morning with my daughter and son-in-law(just graduated from the Airforce Academy). She voted and he was home on leave till the end of the month.
They would not allow him to vote.....he was soooo ****-- off. They couldn't find his name on the list.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
voted at 8:15 this morning (76th person), polling place was my kids school so that was easy. no wait and got an awesome cinnamon roll on my way out for a buck!

ThinkRight

I was there at 5:48 this morning, Poll workers showed up at 6:15am .
I was out at 7:15.
At 7:00 when they opened, about 100 people were there.
The most I have ever seen at the little church here in Tucker.

binki

Early returns had the Democrats ahead. After 5 when those working got off to vote had the Republicans taking the lead.