• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

electric sander recommendations

Tifosi

I am in the market for a new palm/random orbit sander for general use at the shop. Any recommendations?

I have an angle grinder with sanding wheels for the tough stuff but I am looking for something to give a nice surface sanding to prep for paint. I want something solid, relatively quiet and comfortable. I am picky, I know...

Thanks!

FS-Keith

do you have shop air? Us and everyone else I know uses Dual action (da) sanders to prep alum/plastic for paint. If you need something electric the one that moze just posted looks pretty sweet.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It's more money, but if you have it for that inevitable time you need to sand in a low-clearance area, you'll be glad you spent the extra bucks. Because the only thing worse than not being able to fit your palm sander in a low clearance area is having to sand it by hand.

...I mean there are worse things, but not many. Taxes maybe. They're definitely worse.

Tifosi

Thanks, we do have air but that is in our main building to run our Agfa flatbed printer. I have thought about running a line to our garage to use some pneumatics but just wasn't sure if the cost is really justifiable. By the time you add in another regulator and plumbing and knocking holes in two concrete walls it just seems like overkill.

I really don't need a low profile but I will look into the dewalts.

Hicalibersigns

I have a Bosch 6" random orbit unit that I have had for many years. By all rights it should have worn out long ago, but it just won't die. Love the variable speed too. I'm sure the DeWalt is great, just saying I have had good results with the Bosch.

rjssigns

If you don't use it that much get one from Harbor Freight. Can always get their no questions asked warranty for 2 years and be way ahead on money.

I did however find the limits of the HF 4.5" grinder. It was the one with the paddle switch. Made it almost 3 years with my abuse. Finally cashed in when finishing 30 machine guards.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I am in the market for a new palm/random orbit sander for general use at the shop. Any recommendations?

I have an angle grinder with sanding wheels for the tough stuff but I am looking for something to give a nice surface sanding to prep for paint. I want something solid, relatively quiet and comfortable. I am picky, I know...

Thanks!

I have a DeWalt 5" Random Orbit Palm Sander (D26451) that works great. In fact I have (2) of them, one of them is brand new never out of the box (long story)....I had thought about putting up on Ebay, but never did...

PM if you would be interested in it, I'd make you a good deal.