• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eliminating static on laminator

T_K

Since the weather has become hot and dry, I've been having tons of issues with static build up on my laminator, especially when running Avery's cast wrap laminate with the plastic liner. Our shop doesn't have any carpet, so that's not an issue.

I've found the static string online, but not sure how well it works.

What do you use on your laminators to fix the static problem?
Did you try any "silver bullet" products that DIDN'T work?

Pippin Decals

static

I have very little static on my cutter and bought the static string from uscutter and i have zero static,Works great for me..

AF

All our equipment is fully factory grounded and dissipates static through the metallic structure of the equipment. You may be able to run grounding cables to the ungrounded parts of your laminator to achieve the same.

Pippin Decals

All our equipment is fully factory grounded and dissipates static through the metallic structure of the equipment. You may be able to run grounding cables to the ungrounded parts of your laminator to achieve the same.

my cutter also has the factory grounds , 1 to cutter, 1 to stand , the static was very very minimal when i first got my cutter ,but i wanted to avoid any static completely. and there is none now ..I was able to hear it once but no more now..

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
Static

Push or tape a Bounce fabric softner to the machice so it can just touch the backing paper, its magic and they work in the dryer for your cloths, who new!

T_K

Push or tape a Bounce fabric softner to the machice so it can just touch the backing paper, its magic and they work in the dryer for your cloths, who new!

So you just use 1 dryer sheet at a time? Or do you have to use more?
How often do you replace them? Could I laminated 100-150 feet with one setup?

Davidford7

Isn't your humidity outside above 60%? You may have issues inside. Try a humindifer first. Also if you haven't already, invest in a monitor for you inside humidity. We have ours attched to the printer.