• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eliminating Static

Dice

We seem to have are large build up of static this year causing issues printing banners. Specifically with the GS6000.

Any Good Tips?

Has anyone tried out the products from this Company? StopStatic.com?

I think i'm going to order their kits, but for all I know it's snake oil.

MGraphics

same issue

I jsut ordered there roll of 10m static string for my flatbed... so i guess we will see if this works... I am hoping this will do the trick and there website said it will work... the only thing is they are slow to answer emails about there products..... will see if the $109 makes the difference:Canada:

pure_media

I have their ionWire. Thin stuff, works pretty good. I have it going across the back of my 540i. Eliminates the static pretty darn good, haven't had much static problems since putting it on. I have it accross the back twice and run the media in between the wires just for extra elimination.

jwright350

Never had static problems with banner material honestly. Styrene, PVC, coro, alumacore...yes. But never banner. I use matte finish key brand banner almost exlusively. Are you sure you don't just have your head too high and you are getting overspray.

You might try some copper tinsel, just drape it across you banner and then ground it to you machine. I do this on my digital (paper) press and it works ok.

d fleming

I find the best way to purge static is to wait until the wife is not looking and touch her sweater, zap...no more static.:rock-n-roll:

jwright350

I have spot next to a production table that is concrete slab. If you peel the film off a sheet of alumacore you'll get a lightning bolt that goes from you hand thru your body, out your big toe and into the concrete. First time it happened I almost fell over.

boxerbay

i have spot next to a production table that is concrete slab. If you peel the film off a sheet of alumacore you'll get a lightning bolt that goes from you hand thru your body, out your big toe and into the concrete. First time it happened i almost fell over.

:roflmao:

10sacer

Static

Just remember - eliminating static from a piece of Scotch tape at a trade show is a little easier than eliminating static from an electrical device.

Do a Google search for anti static environments and you will garner alot of companies that make real world products that probably work alot better than a piece of string.

Also depends on how much you want to put into it, too

Also, pay attention to your temperature and humidity settings.

We have two humidifiers cranking through 8 gallons of water every 4 hours and they struggle to maintain 50% right now.