• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EMB Files?

WildWestDesigns

I'm trying to see who can handle Wilcom's vector embroidery files. One service that I offer is creating embroidery fonts for Wilcom software, but some might not be able to read those ESA fonts, so I was wanting to see if we had any users that would want the EMB versions of fonts. Essentially they would be alphabets, but they would be scalable (within reason for embroidery output).

I can export to DST for any would that would want those finished embroidery files.

Just let me know.

WildWestDesigns

True Sizer would work. Any additional kerning though would have to be done in Wings after you exported to DST. Won't be able to change density, pull comp or any of the good stuff, but it will at least allow you to size it within the range that the font will work in.

I'm surprised Wings wouldn't accept basic EMB files though. I'm pretty sure Pulse will, but it's been a long time since I've messed with any of those programs. Last time I messed with Wings, it was still all modular. You didn't have the different levels like "Puncher" and "Pro".

binki

Wings has different levels. We moved up to the pro level. But it is all the same program, just a different key to unlock the advanced stuff

WildWestDesigns

Wings has different levels. We moved up to the pro level. But it is all the same program, just a different key to unlock the advanced stuff

That's pretty much how Wilcom is as well.

I just remember the days in Wings that if you wanted advanced text options, you had to buy Basic Text and then Advanced Text. Basic modules usually ran for $800 a pop and your advanced modules ran for about $1k a pop. Except the advanced digitizing, that was like $1500.