• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embroidered hats - Otto? Nissin? who?

B Snyder

I need 800 to 1000 navy blue, brushed cotton, 6 panel, constructed baseball hats embroidered. Under 5,000 stitches. 1 color thread (silver) on front only. Buckle or ring closure style.

Anyone have experience with Otto or Nissin's products and/or their embroidery service? I'm waiting for samples to arrive but I'd like to receive feedback from their clients too. Thanks.

washingtonsignguy

Never used OTTO but Pacific headwear makes some nice caps and has an embroidery service that works great. I have used this for jobs many times with great results. I use their oregon location, but i think they have locations all over.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a cousin who has quite a setup in the embroidery industry.

My uncle's father started it back in 1885 and they're still going strong. Last time I was there they had row after row after row of 30 in-line machines. They do work all around the world and usually do 30,000 runs like nothing. However, with the economy the way it is.... they have lowered their requirements.

If you would like me to give them your information, I'll have him call ya.

rcook99

Otto makes nice hats, have never used there embroidery service but actually had to call them about an order for 500 pieces the other day and found the turn around to be a min. of 4-6 weeks. Price wise they were not any better than having them done locally. Feel free to PM me and we can talk if you have any questions.

What gives with people? Go nuts if a supplier sells to someone outside the sign business and gripe when suppliers start to do signs and banners but are willing to buy from a major cap supplier and bypass the guy down the street who is a "professional" trying to make a living and pay taxes to help th local eocnomy but is a few cents higher, gee what hyprocrisy.

B Snyder

I've never griped about sign suppliers selling to industry outsiders. I don't view the practice any differently than Home Depot and Lowes selling to the do-it-yourself customer.

Between making signs and being an ASI distributor I'm positioned as a one-stop shop for my client's advertising and marketing needs. To my client, I am the printer/designer/embroiderer/decal/sign guy down the street. As far as I'm concerned, a company logo embroidered on a ball cap functions as a sign just as much as it functions as apparel.

I inquired about the service experienced by others who have used these two companies, cost was not a concern. My local economy won't see any difference whether I sell the hats or your hypothetical embroiderer down the street does.

Flame

What gives with people? Go nuts if a supplier sells to someone outside the sign business and gripe when suppliers start to do signs and banners but are willing to buy from a major cap supplier and bypass the guy down the street who is a "professional" trying to make a living and pay taxes to help th local eocnomy but is a few cents higher, gee what hyprocrisy.

huh??? um, who's the guy down the street? You mean the embroider?

making no sense man.

I like Otto Cap personally.

jscarl

I have used Otto hats for several years for printing, but never used their embroidery service. Good reliable Company in my opinion.

Yeah the embroider down the street who gets his sign from the "garage sign guy" who is not a pro or goes on the internet to get his banner or had his sign installed by somebody who hauls his tools and equipment in a minivan. Come on don't you hyprocrites who are always bashing designs and lowballers and everyone who asks a question play dumb.