• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Embroidering baseball style hats

threads1

What do you consider "fine details"? Thread has a certain thickness that can't be reduced. Post a pic of your design. Call my wife, Cathy, @ 800-845-8306. But please check for Merchat Members here first.

MITCHATEXOTIC

How fine

Most small or precision embroidery is done flat panel, or before the hat is assembled.Like the previous poster said post a pic and I am sure you will get some input.Most flat panel embroidery for hats is done over seas with Min from a low of 72 pc.

Holeshotrob

Sorry for the delay fellas. This is what he wants on the hats. I told him that the cage area and small text around the outside would be a problem. I dont know if it is possible to embroider that legibly on a hat or not. That is the fine detail work I was referring to. If anyone wants to tackle it, much thanks would be given on top of your payment!

Rob

Attachments

• AKA-CageLogo-1[1].jpg
    AKA-CageLogo-1[1].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 119
any text that is smaller than 1/8" will not sew legible.. We do embroidery and i cannot sew the small words especially on a cap, the cage would just be a running stitcth, but again it would be small and all run together..

MITCHATEXOTIC

Yep

An 1/8 inch is even pushing it on a cap.Some other options could be delete small text.Do the logo as an applique, have woven labels made(still losing small text) and if you could get your customer to step up to the minimums maybe do the small text inside a sandwich bill.Good luck with the project some times telling a customer no is so hard.

Air Art Girl

Rob, it it's for hats, I wouldn't think they need all the small stuff. Just their logo without the words around the cage and remove the web address.

Holeshotrob

Yeah, I'm going to have to tell him that we will need to modify the logo. I didn't design it, but I'm working a trade deal with him to get trained in MMA so I'm gonna have to re-work the deal, lol.
Thanks for all the help everyone!

PS- Thanks for the helmet lead Ellen. He was happy with it, and will be back again. I owe you one!

Air Art Girl

Yeah, I'm going to have to tell him that we will need to modify the logo. I didn't design it, but I'm working a trade deal with him to get trained in MMA so I'm gonna have to re-work the deal, lol.
Thanks for all the help everyone!

PS- Thanks for the helmet lead Ellen. He was happy with it, and will be back again. I owe you one!

awwwwwwwww, you owe me NOTHING Rob. That's what friends are for. I was just helping a customer hook up with a friend to get his job done. I'm glad you got the job and hope you get more work from it.

Good luck on the MMA thing. That's kinda scary stuff.

binki

about the only way to do all that detail is to use a poly tackle twill and dyesub it and then add embroidered elements.

Keep in mind you only get about 2" in height on a low profile cap.