• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee Medical Insurance

Medical Insurance Offered to Employees

• Yes Fully paid by company

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Yes Percentage Paid by Company

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, not offered

Votes: 50 61.0%

• Total voters

Shovelhead

My boss is a skinflint.
Good thing the Mrs. has a good health package.

Attachments

• Scrooge.jpg
    Scrooge.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 97

GregT

I do not supply. My wife works for a hospital. Everyone here has insurance on there own.

cdiesel

We pay 100% for our employees.. if they have family and want them covered, they pay that portion.

Sign_Boy

Looking to get it for myself. Any thoughts? I don't want to refinance the house to get it either LOL

Billct2

We have a graduated payment, we pay 25% 1st year increasing to 100% in 4th year. Will probably look at capping the amount.
Bogie, an employee straining a back is covered by workers comp (which is compulsory here) not medical.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
the place i work for got med benefits for me...then i got pregnant (total surprise), and benefits only covered complication....so we dropped the benefits and i married my boyfriend....otehrwise, it would be fully covered by the place i work for....

petepaz

our company pays 70% of the cost
and we have about 20 employees
but i think this has to be our worst and may be the biggest expense

mystysue

we had looked for insurance to cover both B and I.. but we ran into a problem with the fact that.. He is a recovering cancer patient..
Right now we have cal cobra for him.. which they cant turn him down.. and I dont have any.. (can afford to insure me after paying B's premiums.)
Its a pain in the butt to have to pay 650+ a month just to cover him.. But even tho he has been now cancer free for almost 3 years.. Its something that takes a while before insurance will take a risk with him.. and He has to have it.. just in case.. (the last cancer bout was realllllly expensive. and he still has to have cat scans and test every 6 months to a year)

Big House Signs

I offered it to the girls but they wanted the cash instead. They are both young I guess they figure they dont need it? I pay for my own a sucky plan for a lot of money.

CrabbyOldGuy

Our company pays about 60% but it is still expensive for the employee and it goes up every year. If you have an employee or spouse with a serious situation, the cost goes up very quickly. At my age though, I can't be without it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
..then i got pregnant (total surprise), and

I don't care about giving people ideas..... how can something that takes what it takes for this to happen be a surprise ??

:Oops:You mean you didn't have a clue... how this sort of thing happened ??

tommythesignguy

Are their any group insurance programs that are available for small sign shops pooled together? I read something about ISA offring something like this. I could use some... I'm at that age.